Mission Statement: Helping parents as they shepherd their children from lost to leader.
Helping parents ...
Next Generation Ministries seeks to come alongside parents, equipping them and resourcing them to teach their children about the good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
... as they shepherd their children
We believe children and students, just like adults, are in need of Jesus' saving grace and love. We seek to demonstrate these elements of God's character by relating Christ-centered truth in creative and age-appropriate ways that children and students will both enjoy and understand.
... from lost to leader.
The goal of Next Generation Ministries is not to babysit or entertain children and students. Our goal is to equip them to grow into disciple-making disciples of Jesus Christ.
The Next Generation Ministries of PBC are important for the long-term vitality of the church. We affirm our responsibilities to our Lord, the children and students He has placed in our care, their parents, and to our brothers and sisters in Christ. We will express our responsibilities of accountability in the following ways:
- Accountability to the Lord for teaching the scriptures in truth, clarity, and diligence (2 Timothy 2:15)
- Accountability to the children and students to teach them what God has given to us in His word (Deuteronomy 4:9-10)
- Accountability to the parents to assist them in the training of their children (Proverbs 22:6)
- Accountability to our church family to be fellow laborers for Christ (1 Corinthians 3:7-10)
Because we are accountable, we believe there are certain commitments we must strive to meet in a systematic, prayerful manner. These commitments include the following:
- Commitment to provide a safe, controlled environment for the children and students in all ministry activities.
- Commitments to ensure volunteers and staff are properly screened and have a heart for serving the Lord in Next Generation Ministry.
- Commitment to provide those who serve in Next Generation Ministry with consistent and ongoing training and resources to enable them to serve capably and effectively and develop new teachers and leaders.
- Commitment to communicate regularly and openly with parents, church leadership, each other and the church body as to the progress, needs and expectations of the Next Generation Ministry at PBC.
- Commitment to implement effective, cohesive curriculum designed to promote the Gospel and disciple our children according to God's Word.