We know visiting a new church can be stressful and overwhelming, so we’re especially grateful that you’re interested in learning more about Poquoson Baptist! We hope we can answer some of your questions below. If you would like more information, please contact us here.
Q. What is it like at your services?
- A. Our main Sunday gathering begins at 10:30 a.m. We are a multi-generational congregation and utilize a musically blended (some hymns, some contemporary) time of worship in song. We pray at various times during the service, and the main course is an expository sermon that digs into the meaning of Scripture. These gatherings rarely last beyond 12:00 p.m.
Q. What about my kids? Is there a nursery? (This has been suspended until further notice)
- A. Yes. And because we value your children, we have thoroughly screened and trained all of our childcare volunteers. We have a special nursery for ages 0-2 during our main gathering at 10:30 that dismisses just before the sermon. Check out our Childrens Ministry Page for more information
Q. Are there other services besides the main 10:30 a.m. service?
- A. Yes. In addition to our main congregational service, we have small group Sunday School classes that begin at 9:15 a.m. These classes minister to all age ranges and interests. Our Nursery is also fully staffed at this time. We will help you to find a class that fits you.
- We also have Table Talk at 5:30 p.m. most of the year. Check the news page for any variances such as around Holidays etc.
- Our Fellowship Groups are small groups of people who meet usually in homes and discuss various topics. Visit our Fellowship Group page to find out more.
Q. What do I wear?
- A. Come as you feel comfortable in a public setting. In the summer, you may see some shorts, casual shirts and also see some slacks, dresses and jackets.
Q. How can I get connected?
- A. That is a great question. First we hope you are connected to Christ, but welcome you if you are searching for truth. Check out our "ministries" page for info on Sunday school, fellowship groups and our "Discover Class" for potential membership.