PBC Family: Please see below for an oppurtunity to serve the Peninsula Rescue Mission.
Greetings on behalf of PRM,
One of the ways COVID-19 has greatly impacted the Peninsula Rescue Mission is food cost. The main reason for this, of course, came from being forced to cancel the many volunteer groups that prepare and serve meals to our men. To help reduce this expense to the ministry and to reconnect our volunteer groups, we would like to invite you to participate in our Adopt-A-Meal Program. Here’s how it works:
1. Contact Faith DeFriese ([email protected])
to reserve a date or for any questions related to this opportunity.
2. Collect funds from your small group or church body.
3. Order food from your favorite local restaurant.
4. Have someone from your group drop off to PRM with a note of encouragement for our men. Or, if you prefer delivery that is acceptable as well.
5. Pray as a group/church for the men seeking shelter with us during this time.
This program not only blesses the men with a nice meal and saves PRM on food costs, it also helps to support a local business. We had 13 groups adopt meals in May which saved PRM nearly $2,000! Lord willing, we will be able to reopen to volunteer groups in the near future. Until then, would you prayerfully consider helping us this month by adopting a meal?
Thank you for your continued prayers and support as we seek to serve the least, the last, and the lost in these challenging times.
Grace and peace,
Paul J. Speight
Director of Development
Peninsula Rescue Mission, Inc.