This Sunday at Poquoson Baptist Church we will conclude a two-part sermon series on the twin evils of abortion and racism. This Sunday is Racial Reconciliation Sunday and since I’ll be out of town with my father, Eddie Francis will be preaching on The Murderous Fruits of Racism from Luke 4:14-30.
Here’s a few specific ways to prepare for Sunday:
1) Pray and ask God to work in you for His glory.
2) Pray for our guest preacher, Eddie Francis, who will be coming in to preach on a difficult topic.
3) Pray for those in attendance for whom this sermon may be particularly difficult. These may include people who have been victims of racism, people who struggle with racist thinking, and for those who view this as totally political issue.
4) Read and meditate on Luke 4:14-30, our text for Sunday’s sermon.
5) Below are the songs we’ll be singing on Sunday. Click on the links to learn any you don’t know so you’re prepared to sing.
6) Think of specific people you can encourage this Sunday and specific ways you can encourage them (Hebrews 10:24-25).
See you Sunday!