This Sunday at Poquoson Baptist Church I’m beginning a two-part sermon series on the twin evils of abortion and racism. This Sunday is Sanctity of Human Life Sunday and I’ll be preaching on The Racist Roots of Abortion from Exodus 1. Check out my recent article to learn more about how to prepare for a Sunday like this.
Here’s a few specific ways to prepare for Sunday:
1) Pray and ask God to work in you for His glory.
2) Pray for those in attendance for whom this sermon may be particularly difficult. These may include moms who have had abortions, men who have facilitated them, those who have worked/supported the abortion industry, and couples struggling with infertility, among others.
3) Read and meditate on Exodus 1, our text for Sunday’s sermon.
4) Below are the songs we’ll be singing on Sunday. Click on the links to learn any you don’t know so you’re prepared to sing.
5) Think of specific people you can encourage this Sunday and specific ways you can encourage them (Hebrews 10:24-25).
See you Sunday!